Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I am now on Day 10 of my regimen. I would give myself a 95%. It is harder in some areas and not as hard in others. This system of health maintenance calls for a lot of preplanning. I have realized that I am not very good at this. Though, I am quickly having to learn how to think ahead. Which is probably not a bad thing. The supplements are the easiest. I expected that I would have a bit of a hard time with them. I found that taking pills 5 times a day is not as taxing as I had considered. I will maintain that the diet is the hardest part.

In order to uphold my end of the bargain it is necessary to stay on top of my nutrition. The positives that I am gaining I can pretty much fully attribute to my diet. I find myself waking up naturally at 6:30am every morning. I actually have found delight in waking up this way, which in itself is excellent. I now have enough time to leisurely get ready for work, take the pups out, eat breakfast (something I have not done consistently for years) I am also finding that I am not in a position to be lazy about what I eat. Therefore careful planning goes into what food I will put in my body. I know I am focusing a lot on the food factor; but to me that is the most involved part of this path. There are hard parts and there are moments that I have caught myself bending the rules in the smallest ways. For example, I am not to have vinegar. Vinegar is found in ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, salad dressings, most sauces, etc... When I have a Boca burger, or a regular burger I find myself using just a small side of mustard. I don't know if this is really messing things up, but it is hard to eat a bare burger. The specific vegetables that I cannot have, such as lettuce (any leafy green), tomato, onion are the hardest part. I miss these veggies. I do only have 32 days left of this though. I just hope that the overall effect becomes greater and greater.

The most important part though is that I am in much less pain, the drainage has diminished greatly and the swelling is certainly less. I will continue to eat like a severe Atkins freak if I am able to maintain this kind of relief. Even not having alcohol isn't that bad. I have also found ways to eat in restaurants and not look entirely bizarre for my eating habits. I had a pretty large concern that I would lose some serious weight with this plan. I may have lost one or two pounds however, I seem to be balancing right now. This makes me very happy.

This is all I have to report as of now. I see Dr. Leff next week. I am sure I will have some fun acupuncture stories to report. Tata

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you.

-b

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home